When you find out you are expecing a baby, all sorts of things are on your mind. From decorating the nursery and choosing what sort of buggy transport will suit your family. To deciding if you will breast feed and use washable cloth nappies.
I used cloth nappies for my three children, not because they were as nice as they are now, but as my children are now having their own children, washable cloth nappies were the only affordable choice in back then. When disposable nappies first came out, I remember being quite upset when I had bought an expensive pack to use for a special day out and baby dirtied the nappy straight away. I was much happier with my washable cloth nappies.
Attachment parenting techniques are being promoted to create a stong bond between mum and baby, Many mums choose to breast feed and use washable nappies. Many mums also choose to wear their baby with a baby carrier or sling. Baby wearing slings are used all over the world to keep a baby safely snuggled up to mum. But if you are wearing your baby, have you thought to what sort of baby change bag you will need?
Many baby change bags on the market are designed to go over the buggy, be hauled about by dad or packed into the back of a car. Some have features such as adjustable straps which are advertised for baby wearing. But look again and really consider how those designs will work with you and your baby. Many bags have metal D rings or strap attachments on the outside of the bag. Some have strong webbing straps which can be rough on mums neck and baby’s skin.
When you choose a Scapdragon artisan baby change bag or one of our Wrapbags specificlaly designed for baby wearing, you can be assured that the whole bag is made from soft squishy fabric soft for mums skin as well as babies. All have been through rigourous design test from mums wearing babies and designs have been tweaked based on their feedback. Therefore we do not use hard metal or rough items on the outside of the bag which could accidentally scratch or harm baby. Here are a list of the common features of all Scrapdragon bags.
- Soft styling means no hard edges around the bag but still strong enough with internal reinforcements to carry loads.
- Soft squishy handles which can be worn next to baby with safety, either wrapped around, over the shoulder and long enough to hang over the buggy handles.
- Generous outside pockets to hold formula bottles, baby snacks but large enough for mums take away coffee as well.
- Concealed zipped security pocket in the rear of the bag to keep items safe.
- Large internal pockets to hold wipes, creams and enough washable nappies for the day.
- An internal pocket to keep smaller items secure.
- A dedicated mobile phone pocket on the inside but close at hand to find quickly.
- Internal placeholders to keep smaller items attached such as keys, babies dummy or favorite toy.
- Our bags are large enough to be used for cloth nappies, several changes of clothes and even store a baby sling.
- in addition to all of the above, the Scrapdragon bags are all unique with choice of fabrics and personalised designs.
Just because it is made at my home, it is not ‘homemade’. The majority of artisan crafters provide better quality designs and quality assembly techniques than large third world factories. Keep it Unique, Keep it British and Keep it Local.